Searching for unique restaurants in Gatlinburg, TN? Smoky Mountain Trout House is a delicious trout restaurant in Gatlinburg that features farm raised rainbow trout locally grown in the pure waters of the Smokies. The authentic local flavor of these fish is preserved by directly shipping these trout to the restaurant from a nearby farm.
Although you can surely bring your own fly rod to the Smokies and catch your dinner the old fashioned way, the good folks at Smoky Mountain Trout House have been perfecting their recipes since 1975.
Whether you are looking for a local non-chain restaurant or just a genuine taste of the Smokies, this trout restaurant in Gatlinburg is the way for you to experience local food that's fresh and well prepared. Smoky Mountain Trout House is open 5 – 9 pm and serves dinner daily.
Delicious Selections at this Smoky Mountain Trout Restaurant
Step inside this cozy local restaurant and take a look at their menu. You'll find different trout prepared a host of different ways to suit just about any taste! While here you can enjoy:
- Fresh Rainbow Trout – Grilled, Boiled, or Fried with a side of a house salad, coleslaw, hushpuppies, baked potato or fries.
- Trout Eisenhower – A local favorite served the old fashioned way. Fried Trout with cornmeal breading and bacon served with butter sauce, sautéed onions and mushrooms.
- Dilly Trout – Butterfly Fried trout with the delicate flavor of Dill sauce and lemon juice.
- Parmesan Trout – This decadent treat is fresh trout prepared with a special sauce, covered in parmesan, then sautéed in wine.
- Hickory-Smoked Mountain Trout – Delicious trout seasoned with wood smoke, served with sautéed mushrooms and onions and bacon butter.
- Moonshine Mountain Rainbow Trout – Authentic Smoky Mountain fish with a gourmet twist. This Trout is sautéed in sweet orange marmalade, coconut, and moonshine.
For dinner guests not interested in trout, this unique Smoky Mountain restaurant offers other classics served with a house salad, baked potato, and hush puppies.
- Aged Prime Rib Au Jus – Grass fed Prime Beef slowly roasted in its own juices.
- Rib-Eye – Grass fed beef steak rib eye.
- Flame Broiled Chicken Breast – Marinated boneless chicken breast that is charbroiled and served with a rice pilaf.
- Shrimp – Served in garlic butter with rice pilaf and hush puppies.
A children's menu features smaller portions of these classics with additional options of grilled cheese sandwich or hamburgers. For dessert at this local Gatlinburg restaurant, try homemade deserts that include key lime pie, lemon ice box pie, and coconut cream pie.
Final Thoughts on This Gatlinburg Trout Restaurant
This restaurant is located off the main drag and offers vacationers a welcomed respite from the hustle and bustle of Downtown Gatlinburg. If you are searching for a local restaurant that is popular with guests and residents alike, this is the place to find it.
Many of the dishes are more expensive than the average Gatlinburg dinner, but here you can be assured that you'll enjoy fresh local fare. While you're enjoying a genuine Smoky Mountain cabin vacation in Gatlinburg, you can enjoy some true local flavors at Smoky Mountain Trout House.
Cabins USA Gatlinburg provides cabin rentals in Gatlinburg for guests planning to explore Gatlinburg's thriving local restaurant scene!
Written by Hayden Brown