Looking for a unique dining experience in Gatlinburg with local beer and quality service? Smoky Mountain Brewery in Downtown Gatlinburg, TN is a great place to grab lunch or dinner during your Smoky Mountain vacation. Despite offering delicious beers and a bar, this restaurant offers a clean atmosphere and a relatively family friendly experience.
Smoky Mountain Brewery is a local chain with restaurants throughout East Tennessee that enjoys a popular following from visitors and year-round residents alike. If you are looking for a restaurant with some regional flare, Smoky Mountain Brewery is a great place to start.
For starters, the fresh oven-baked pretzels with beer cheese and fried mushrooms get rave reviews from many customers. As a brewery, there are plenty of other appetizers including:
- Handmade Egg Rolls
- Roasted Chicken Quesadillas
- Fried Pickles
- Potato Skins
- Chicken Wings
- And More!
The Gatlinburg Smoky Mountain Brewery offers standard American classics with a host of sandwiches, salads, burgers, pizzas, and entrees designed to complement their beer that is brewed in-house. For dinner enjoy these specialty dishes that pair well with this local craft beer:
- The Thunder Road Burger – Freshly ground beef burger with blue cheese, bacon, and Smoky Mountain Brewery's signature Thunder Road Sauce, a sweet and spicy addition to this tasty burger.
- The Brewery "Ale" Steak – The house sirloin marinated in Cherokee Red Ale, olive oil, mustard, garlic, and Worcestershire butter.
- The Brew Master Pizza – A Four cheese white pie complete with chicken, garlic, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Smoky Mountain BBQ Ribs – Hefty slabs of BBQ ribs with mashed potatoes and another side.
As a brewery, beer is definitely the main attraction for visitors searching to "do as the locals do." A host of wine and cocktails are also available, but be sure to try some of these local brews during your visit to Gatlinburg.
- Cherokee Red Ale – An Irish Styled Ale with a light flavor with delicate notes of fruit.
- Velas Helles – A favorite German light lager with a balanced flavor in the old world style.
- Windy Gap Wheat – A refreshing wheat beer with a golden color and strong finish.
- Tuckaleechee Porter – A dark smooth porter with a bold flavor influenced by caramel malts.
- Black Trout Stout – Black ale with a creamy flavor and complex taste thanks to 8 different malts.
- Seasonal Specials – The brewers at Smoky Mountain Brewery offer great seasonal options to complement the weather like the Winter Warmer, a nutty, filling beer, and the Capricator Bock, a chocolaty bitter sweet beer. For fall, the brewery offers a Harvest Fest Lager in the spirit of other Oktoberfest beers.
Insider Tip: The 6 Beer Sampler is a great way for a group of friends to find the beer that suits your palate.
Directions and Hours
Located a short distance from the main Parkway in Gatlinburg. Between Calhoun's and the Cherokee Grill & Steakhouse, you'll notice a sign for the restaurant across from a white chapel. The brewery is a short walk off the main drag and is located in a ski lodge styled building.
The Smoky Mountain Brewery in Gatlinburg is open from 11:30 am to 1 am. It is open later than many Gatlinburg restaurants and is a great place to catch the game. Additionally, the Smoky Mountain Brewery sometimes has free live music to enjoy on weekends.
While maybe not completely family friendly (this is a brewery after all) Smoky Mountain Brewery is a clean establishment with a helpful staff. With good beer, reasonably priced food, and a comfortable space to enjoy dinner with family and friends, it's hard to go wrong with this local chain. All in all, Smoky Mountain Brewery is definitely worth stopping for a low key dinner in Gatlinburg before you return to your comfortable cabin in the Smoky Mountains.
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Written by Hayden Brown