NOC in Gatlinburg, TN Outdoors Store
Planning a trip into the Smoky Mountains? The Nantahala Outdoor Center is the largest outdoor store in Gatlinburg, TN! This shop has everything you need to prepare for a successful trip to the national park with maps, proper clothing, boots, tools, and local knowledge. A stop here can ensure you fully enjoy your adventure in the Smokies.
Gatlinburg's NOC is more than an outdoor store. There are also a variety of guided trips and excursions organized in-shop. Better yet, NOC offers top notch local knowledge for planning your own trip. Whether you are looking for a day hike, a whitewater rafting trip, or zip lining, the helpful staff at NOC is happy to give you the local scoop.
The outpost comes complete with an indoor climbing wall, a "bear cave" for the kids, an indoor swinging rope bridge, and a cozy fireplace to warm your hands. All of this provides an enjoyable shopping experience in this rustic outdoors store.
Great Gear at NOC Gatlinburg
This massive outdoor store has high quality gear and clothing to make your adventures in the national park fun and comfortable. Whether you need a new coat to enjoy a cold Smoky Mountain winter or a high-tech synthetic shirt to stay cool in the summer, this outdoor store has just what you need. NOC Gatlinburg offers a huge variety of the top outdoor brands:
- Patagonia – Clothes, Gear, and Accessories
- Vasque – Boots and Footwear
- The North Face – Clothing, Footwear
- Columbia – Outdoor Clothing
- Chaco – Footwear and Clothing
- Osprey – Packs and Backpacks
- MSR – Camping Gear
- Keen Footwear
- And More!
Some highlights of gear that you can find at this outdoor store include:
- Light Synthetic Clothing For Hiking in Hot Weather.
- Durable Packs For Carrying Food, clothing, and Supplies on Hiking Trails.
- Ultra Light Camping Gear For Camping in the Mountains.
- Trekking Poles For Hiking Safety and Knee Health.
- Camel Hydration Packs For Easy Hydration While Hiking.
- Warm Base Layers For Cold Weather in the Smokies.
- Maps and Guide Books For Outdoor Adventures and Navigation.
- Durable Hiking Boots For Foot and Ankle Health.
- Survival Gear Fire starters, bear spray, and paracord.
- Eno Hammocks For relaxing in the woods.
Located in downtown Gatlinburg, this NOC Outpost is located just outside of the national park boundary. It's easy to visit here before you venture into the national park. Who knows? A trip here might just save you from blisters from an old pair of boots or a cold day of hiking!
Shopping is an Adventure at NOC Gatlinburg
Whether you are looking for personal gear, a gift, or local knowledge, the Nantahala Outdoor Center in Gatlinburg is the perfect place to stop. Besides, it's much better to find the gear you need here, rather than wishing you had it on the hiking trail.
Luckily, the NOC Outpost in Gatlinburg is open from 10 AM to 9 PM daily and there is plenty of parking. With over 18,000 square feet of retail space, chances are that NOC will have what you need for a great trip tin the mountains of Tennessee!
There is a lot to do and see in the Great Smoky Mountains National park. We offer our own trail guide to help you find the best hiking trails near Gatlinburg. After a long day in the mountains, you can happily relax your cozy rental cabin before your next adventure!
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Written by Hayden Brown